Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm a letdown

I always feel bad saying "I can't" to people, especially after I've given my word. I try to always be a person of my word, meaning that if I say I'll do something, I do it. Unfortunately, sometimes circumstances beyond my control make that impossible to do.

The most recent episode that made me feel like crap is with my roommate. She invited me to go skiing next weekend, and I told her that I could. My dad, however, scheduled my car to go into the shop and took off a day of work to come pick me up while it's being worked on. Unfortunately he picked the same day as the day we were supposed to be on the slopes, and since he took off work I can't bum out and go skiing.

I'm disappointed. Even though I don't really like skiing, it would have been so much fun to go and now I feel like a douche to have to back out of it. I hate backing out of things, and this is the second time this month. I'm having a bad month.

No comments: