Monday, January 24, 2011

Bits

I've been in a bit of a narrative funk recently; I just don't seem to have anything interesting to say. So with that in mind...here are some bits of not-that-interesting things for your consumption.

***
I'm taking a Spanish for Nurses class, and the professor warned us that she will be teaching us phrases that she doesn't usually teach to her high school classes. Because they're too immature. I didn't have the heart to tell her that my sense of humor is equivalent to that of an immature high school boy.

So we were supposed to put together some phrases for practice. I immediately went for 'voltéese, agáchese, y relájese.' Along similar lines, please refer to the pain scale discussed by ERP.

***
It's been noted that I'm a sucker for comic book action movies. Apparently not only does my sense of humor mimic a 16 year old boy, but so do my movie preferences. Thusly I went to see The Fighter recently, and while it was fabulous...I was also intrigued by the preview for Thor. It's going to be typical superhero cheesy, probably along the lines of X-Men 3, but still. Dude is hot. And shirtless. Sign me up.




***
It's also been noted that I'm out of shape. I've managed to avoid all forms of physical fitness recently, but somehow have gotten sucked into multiple events that will require not dying during extreme activities.

First, I'll be undertaking the Polar Bear Plunge in a few weeks. 40 degree water, 30 degree air temperature, me in a bathing suit. I don't see how this can go well.

And next, I've signed up for the Warrior Dash. 3.11 miles, extreme obstacle courses, hundreds of participants. I'm not so worried about the obstacles. Fiery log I have to jump over? Whatev. Climb a cargo net? Pfft. Run 3.11 miles? I'm going to have a heart attack. I haven't run that far since high school.

But let's be real. I'm just doing it for the Viking hat and free beer.

***
I love Beards. I love football. I love when the two meet with an epic clash. As Rosenthal puts it, "That thing is the seventh wonder of the world."


***
As as aside, I hate the Steelers. Kaley is right, I've got no self respect after putting this picture on here. If I knew how to photoshop, I'd change that jersey right up. But alas, no dice. And the beard is still amazing...

***
Fin.

3 comments:

Zazzy Episodes said...

Are you living in the Midwest, maybe like Minnesota?? My family is from there and when I was visiting recently they had signs all over the place for the Polar Plunge but I didn't know if maybe it’s a multiple northern states thing?
As far as the running goes, I hated running before I first started but it can be done if you desire to do it. I started very slowly on a program called C25K meaning couch to 5K. The program slowly works you up from couch potato to running a 5K in no time. Good luck and let us all know how you did, if indeed you stayed alive through it all.

Kaley said...

Marsh has been excited about Thor since comic con. Nick commented when we saw the trailer that it looked amazing. And what kind of SELF respecting person puts a Steeler's player on their blog- no matter how noteworthy the beard?!

Filia Dei said...

OH DOH! Leave my Steelers A L O N E!