Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Measurable difference

Moral of the story: There is most definitely a difference between day shift and night shift ER staff. ..

I started on nights two shifts ago, and I'm loving it! Overheard tonight is this exchange between docs:

Charge doc: I hate how the lab never runs our specimens on time, even if they're a priority patient. I wish we had a laundry chute that just ran from the ER to the lab, and we could drop our specimens right down onto their desk.

Other doc: Why don't we just have the patient sit their ass on the chute and squeeze out their own specimens? It'd be awesome! "Oh, that stool sample? Coming right down!"

Charge doc: I'll build that chute tomorrow if they'd let me...*mimes squatting over a chute* Sample this!!


Also of note tonight was the charge doc finding a spray can of skin-freeze anesthetic stuff, and covertly creeping behind every single nurse to spray the frigid liquid on our unsuspecting necks.

While it's true that night shift will eat you alive if you're lazy, unmotivated, or just plain stupid, it's also true that working with the night shift people is more fun than should be legally allowed.


***
And lastly, I shall include this heavenly slice of awesome for you. You'll weep most bitterly upon realizing that you've been missing out on some Jeff Lang all your life.



Ah yes, the sweet sound of auditory gold!

3 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

It sounds like a lot of fun on that floor--- which you NEED from time to time or you'll go nuts!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for introducing me to Jeff Lang!

SentWest said...

OMG Jeff Lang is my new favorite person ever. Thank you!