Sunday, September 13, 2009

Shock

I couldn't believe it. This just never happens. I mean seriously, this never happens...

Very elderly man comes in with a legit complaint. When I ask him to describe his problems to me, he concisely and excellently describes his issue, along with how long he's been bothered by it and when exactly he noticed the changes start.

I ask him for his meds, and he gives me a detailed list with every single med, dosage, and frequency.

I ask him for his allergies, and he shows me his allergy bracelet with his true allergies. He then says "there are a few meds I don't like to take because they make me feel like I will get ill, but I'll take them if I have to because that's not really an allergy."

I ask him who his PCP is, and he promptly names his PCP, along with his cardiologist and pulmonologist.

And if all that isn't enough, he then goes, "and I know this isn't a life or death visit, so I'll understand if you have more sick people you need to take care of. I'm in pain, but you take care of the sick people first."

W. T. F.

I had to scrape my jaw off the floor. And then I wanted to give him a hug.

Why can't every person on the planet be as awesome as that guy? I want to set him up in a seminar in the waiting room, and have his old ass lecture every single person that comes through the doors. Man, he was awesome.

2 comments:

Love or Nothing said...

that's so tight! love people like that.

Nick and Kaley said...

Why do you have such a potty mouth?