Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Interesting

Usually I'm quick enough to get in the patients' room before the doctor, but there is one doc who is super quick. He's also my favorite doc and is known for laying the verbal smackdown on those out of control, but that's a story for another day.

Today, I went in to see the patient and he was right behind me, so we tag teamed on the HPI.

Patient: Well you see, I almost passed out. It's because my bf and I were having sex, and all of a sudden I felt real lightheaded and tingly, more than I usually do.

Um, ok. Doc and I look at each other and try not to laugh.

Doc: Well hyperventilation can cause that...if you were just breathing hard it could be that this time you got a little lightheaded.

Patient: Oh no doc, we have sex all the time, and this time I just felt woozy.

At this point it became a race as to who could gracefully exit the room first.

...I won, for the record.

No comments: