Thursday, October 22, 2020

October 22

 Man, this month is just flying by. I totally meant to update more often, but then all of a sudden it's been six weeks since I last did and I don't know where the time went. 

I spent a long weekend camping a few weeks ago, and boy howdy was it needed. Four days of hiking, relaxing, outdoors, sunshine, and campfire coffee were the exact things I needed to recharge. I haven't really taken any time off since the summer, and while I didn't actually work less around this trip it really felt like I did. Normally I make the mistake of trying to extend a trip until the very last moment, where I get home and have to go to work the next morning. This time I planned for an extra day at home even though it meant one less day camping. And it worked! Camping was amazing and then I got to have a relaxing day at home to catch up with my cats. Somehow the time off felt even longer because of this.

Anyway, here's some pictures! 









***

But since this is ostensibly a medical blog, let me leave you with a phrase one of our psych patients yelled across the ER recently and which still has me laughing every time I think about it...

"IMMA SHOW HIM MY TURKEY TITTIES!!"

What a strange career I've chosen.

*sadly, I was not present for this event and have only heard tales of it. What I would give to have witnessed it first hand!

3 comments:

Shash said...

Wow, there's a lot of beauty where you camped! Glad you got out for a bit to stretch your brain in a different direction. And I bet your kitties were happy for the company.

So your psych patient made me laugh, because my hobby was working at car and motorcycle races. Back in the day, the mating call of the drunken male spectator was to shout, "Show us your tits!"

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you've been relaxing at last! Camping is great, I love it.
Best wishes to you over there from Australia! Cheers, Sue.

Oldfoolrn said...

Thanks for sharing your camping pictures. I'm so glad you were able to get away for a respite.

I hope you are staying safe. The Covid is spreading like wildfire here and I often think of you intrepid youngsters on the front line. Your courage is inspiring to OFRNs holed up in their hovels. Wishing you all the best.