Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ass-plody

Props to CrankyProf for coining the term.

I had my own fun outing with the ass-plody recently in clinical. She was a forty something relatively healthy woman who had some mild issues that barely warranted a hospital visit admission. Anyway, she had been a little backed up in the hospital and could only poo small chunks at a time. Just before we got on the floor, her nurse gave her a wonderful cocktail of MOM and prune juice. She warned me when we got up there, and I think secretly she was thanking God for sending an unsuspecting nursing student her way.

With this in mind, I go into the patients room, and she is halfway between the BSC and her bed, with little squirts everywhere for my cleaning pleasure. I get her cleaned up, regowned, and on the pot. Bless her heart, she managed to make it to the pot the next time. I swear I emptied that pot a dozen times that day and never saw her eat anything. I don't know where it all came from. All I know is that I have had another experience with ass-plody, and I still don't like it.

1 comment:

Somenurse said...

oh yeah!! tru that! and sadly its not gonna get any better. our life revolves around poo, what it looks like, when it happens, how often and how much. poo poo poo it all comes down to poo!