Saturday, September 6, 2014

Heyooooooo!

Long time no see! I promise, I didn't just drop off the face of the earth. I was busy doing things that didn't involve lots of work. Basically I miss being in college and getting summers off so I decided to live it up for a couple of months and enjoy the sun.

Here's a quick rundown of things since July:

-I finished my contract in Denver, and already miss those friends like crazy. Denver was amazing, and I can definitely see myself living there in the future.

-I flew home to the east coast and immediately went on our annual family Lake Vacation (20th year running!). It was a week of good times, delicious drinks, hilarity, and an ungodly amount of combining all three of those together while floating on a raft in the lake water under the sun.

-My boyfriend flew up to visit. He met the entire family and almost all of my friends. No one drove him off with torches and pitchforks, so that's a good sign.

-I worked back at home hospital for 2 weeks. It was amazing. I had an unprecedented string of fantastic shifts where it was busy but not overwhelming, calmed down nicely at reasonable hours, and I got to work with all of my favorite nurses and doctors. That place will always be home to me.

-I went to the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival with family and friends. Campfires, bluegrass, jams at 0200, GORGEOUS weather, and amazing bands. It was just all the best.

-A trip to Punta Cana with my cousin. 5 days, all inclusive, amazing weather, and the BEST TAN EVER. Seriously. I had to buy new makeup when I came back because the old stuff was too pale.

-Another road trip to Texas. Yeah, I'm back. And this time, it's for a significantly longer period of time. I'm still travel nursing, but I have an actual place to call home here. It's weird. So weird. But good.


I start orientation later this month at a hospital in town, and I'm looking forward to it. I will hopefully have some ridiculous stories once things get rolling, which I shall dutifully share with you all.

Thanks for sticking with me through the slowest of summer blogging!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

yhea, you're back! related: any news from hoodnurse?

Aesop said...

Good for ya!

But I'm not sure if no additional trips into a lake on a bicycle with photo proof is a bug or a feature.

If you're feeling at all guilty about not blogging during your prolonged vacay, just dock yourself some of that blog pay.

Hope you're recharged and all.

Unknown said...

I didn't realize how crazy it would be to be an ER nurse. I can't imagine trying to find that many beds for all the different patients. You probably have a hard time, because you see them first, and so it can be hard to try and decipher what's wrong. http://www.alertbestnursing.com

Stethoscope Guide said...

Good to hear you are back. I enjoy reading your blog and just shared it with a friend who became a nurse last year. She was just divorced and traveling as a nurse could be a great idea for her right now.