Thursday, March 11, 2021

March 11

Can you believe it? One whole year since the WHO declared COVID a pandemic. One entire year. Shit's wild.

Things are getting better here in Texas. Our positivity rate in the hospital is down to single digits and trending in the right direction. Our ICUs have beds on the regular now, as do the other inpatient floors. More and more people are getting vaccinated. My husband, sister, and brother-in-law, as well as most of my immediate friend group, have gotten both their shots. Other friends have appointments soon. We're still not comfortable hanging around inside, but fortunately the weather is getting nicer so we're able to gather outside. 

Overall, I think there's lots of reason for optimism. The only catch is that yesterday Texas eliminated the mask mandate - our governor seems to think that people did such a good job at mask wearing and not making poor choices that they can now be counted on to voluntarily make those same decisions...

It remains to be seen how this will affect us. Many businesses are continuing the mask requirements, but many more are not. It's too early to decide if we're fucked again or if we've made enough ground against COVID that this won't ruin us, but all I can do is let y'all know how full of rage I will be if this wrecks yet another year of my life because people can't act right.

***

In other news, look how well my garden seedlings are doing! Another few days of hardening off and they'll be ready for planting. I am so excited!



No comments: