Wednesday, June 21, 2023

June 21

Road trip and race time! This was my second half marathon, done through the Vacation Races company. Their whole bit is to host races by National Parks and have stupidly scenic routes. It really was incredible.

Last year I also did a two week long road trip to run the Yosemite NP race, and along the way saw Petrified Forest NP, Antelope Canyon, Zion NP, Death Valley NP, Sequoia NP, Kings Canyon NP,  and Saguaro NP. It was incredible and I was so pumped to do it again. So this year, the race destination was Grand Tetons NP. I spent a week driving out there and stopped at Rita Blanca national grasslands, Capulin Volcano national monument, Great Sand Dunes NP, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak, Rocky Mountain NP, Split Rock on the Oregon Trail, Jackson Hole, and Grand Teton NP where I also ran the race. Afterwards, I took a week to drive home and visited Yellowstone NP, Teddy Roosevelt NP, Bear Lodge (aka Devil's Tower) national monument, Deadwood SD, Crazy Horse monument, Mount Rushmore, Wind Cave NP, and Badlands NP.

It. Was. Incredible. 

I'll just leave these here.































No comments: