Monday, April 21, 2008

Dentistry for idiots.

Sometimes, I wonder how I make it through the day...

One of my upper molars has been sensitive for a few days now. I get that every now and then, no big deal. But I happened to have one of those little make-up mirrors laying around, so I decided to play dentist and check out my teeth. So I've got the flashlight and mirror jammed into my mouth, and I'm looking around, and CRAP! Is that a CAVITY!? And oh s**t! I have one on the other molar too! But I brush twice a day, how can this be?

So I call the dentist. He asks me where it is. I tell him, and there is silence. Then finally..."You do remember that we filled those cavities years ago, right? When you had your braces off? You're just looking at the silver fillings."

Needless to say, I stammered a sheepish "thank you" and hung up with the reddest face EVER.

I'm an idiot.

I blame it on nursing school frying my brain.

3 comments:

Somenurse said...

awww, don't feel bad. At least you know what its not.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha
signed, your friend by the bay.

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.