Friday, April 18, 2008

Springtime?

Well, it was more like summer today. The temperature sign at the bank told me it was 83', but it felt hotter than that. Maybe I'm just not prepared enough yet for the East Coast sweltering summer months. Either way, my buttcrack was sweating and that means it's hot.

I have a ton of stuff do to this weekend, and I am feeling a little stressed about that. But...now for the good news! I got a summer externship here at the local hospital. And it's in the ED! I'm so excited, I can't wait for it. 40 hours of week of actual learning, not the semi-skills we get from clinicals. Heck yes.

Knowing this good news kind of makes me not care about the rest of my classes as much, even though I'm still stressing a little. Sure, I have a research paper due on Monday...but I don't give two hoots about research. Sure, I have a peds care plan due Monday...but I don't like kids anyway. Sure, I have an Adult test on Monday...but I care a little bit less about it (though I'll still study my tail off this weekend - I'm an overachiever). It's more the magnitude of stuff due that's stressing me now, not the actual content. Anyway, it's good to know that I'm set for the summer and that I'll actually learn something useful.

So with that in mind, I'm going downstairs to add some rum to my smoothie and sit outside. I'm too pasty white for my own good, and something needs to be done about it. Maybe I'll take my textbooks with me....

...nah, forget that!

No comments: