Thursday, October 30, 2008

Apathy

So I've been in a funk these past few weeks. My motivation has been low and my apathy is at an all-time high (thanks for the phrase, KL). Dragging my sorry butt out of bed at 5:30 am some mornings is not something I will ever enjoy.

This morning, though, I was extra cranky. Even two cups of coffee before I was out the door at 6:30 did little to squelch the general bleegh I felt towards the upcoming day. I got into my frigid car (I hate wintertime) and let myself feel even grumpier for a minute. And then you know what? I decided that NO. I was not going to be a mopey little brat. I'm going into a career that I love, which I will finally be able to pay bills by, and will get to see and do tons of really cool s**t. I thought for a second, and then in a flash of inspiration, thought of the only true way to pep myself up on a 40ยบ pre-buttcrack of dawn clinical day.

Behold, and smile.


Amazing what one little iPod song can do in your life.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That's my girl!!! :) XOXO

Moira said...

Dude, I am right there with you. Except without the good ole' self talk. I need it. Can you send me some work harder vibes.

And you can totally afford to be lackadasical as you graduate this semester. I have 5 weeks and 1 semester. boo hiss.