Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl

Listen, I'm sort of a Grinch when it comes to Christmas. I love love love the fact that we are celebrating the birth of Christ and get to give because we love to, but I'm not a big fan of celebrating Christmas for like three straight months. I strongly dislike Christmas songs except for the occasional carol. I get sick of red white and green by about December 3rd. I think that Verizon Santa and reindeer commercial is silly. I suck at writing cards and I never seem to work up the energy to buy gifts.

Basically my heart is two sizes too small.

But you know what? I love A Christmas Story with all my heart. Sweet mother that movie is amazing, and redeems the entire overblown debacle of "the holiday season."

I might even sing a little Christmas carol to go along with this...

1 comment:

SHR said...

This is my favorite Christmas movie too! I just watched it last night, and I'm sure many more times before the 25th!