Saturday, November 6, 2010

Guy says Fawkes you!

Remember, remember the Fifth of November
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

I made the mistake of realizing it was Guy Fawkes Night yesterday. I chuckled to myself when I walked in, and thought "well let's hope this night lives up to the plot..."

I don't know why I tempted fate like that. I really don't know what came over me. 14 hours later and I'm beat. I took an absolute thrashing at work last night. Multiple, multiple truly sick trauma patients at the same time, for 12 hours, really tends to suck the life out of a person. We put in more chest tubes, ET tubes, and traction pins than I have in six weeks. The pharmacy ran low on propofol. The ED ran low on ventilators. My soul ran low on energy.

It. was. brutal. The worst part of this all...is that I'm back tonight. For daylight savings. For an extra hour...

So I am very sorry, Guy Fawkes. I don't know what I did to make you angry, but I promise...I'll never ever forget this Fifth of November. I would, however, like very much to have a forgettable Sixth of November.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Ah, the ill-fated 13 hour shift. Boo.