Saturday, June 1, 2013

I have no new interesting content for you.

Sometimes, I hear a new term for something ER-related that makes me laugh unreasonably hard. Like when I sat through a computer inservice for a new charting system we're going live with next week, and our patient was Painful Testy. With a c/c of Difficulty Urinating. It was so amusing because the inservice instructor kept repeating the term, again and again and again.

Or perhaps when he kept referring to the cocaine use test patient as "Sugar Boogers."

I'm sure that was a well-rehearsed joke designed to keep us somewhat interested in the class, but I still found it so amusing that I'm blogging about it.

I mean...I've been off work for a month. My content backlog is rather bare right now and this was the best I could come up with. Sorry guys. I start back at the ER this week, and new, somewhat interesting posts should follow. Stay strong, friends.

1 comment:

hoodnurse said...

We had similar names to these in our computer training when we were going live at Hood Hospital, and one of the patient names- I believe with the cc:rectal bleeding was named Ben Dover. I may or may not have laughed on and off for about an hour until we took a break for lunch.