Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Does it really rain fire in the sky? That sounds dangerous.

HEY YOU GUYS!

I'm going to Denver! Got my next travel gig, and I'm starting up there beginning of April. I'm super excited about this. I mean, sunshine, springtime, mountains, and trees that are actually tall?! Not that I have anything against you, Texas, but you're kinda drab and brown. And your trees are stubby. But back to the topic at hand. I'm sad to be leaving here, because I really love the people at this hospital. I should note that I'll be back though. That's what happens when you meet a boy. Plans get all haywire and the state you thought you'd bounce out of and never return to suddenly seems like it might be a home away from home.

That being said, I am SO EXCITED to go to Denver. I've always wanted to go to Colorado, mostly to see those mountains. Growing up in West Virginia and the Midatlantic, I was close to mountains. I love being out in them. But in reality, they're pretty small compared to the Rockies. I can't even fathom what it's like to see a mountain that's more than a mile high. Hell, Denver itself is higher than most of the mountains in the Blue Ridge. And also a greater elevation, heh...

So yeah. Denver. I'm going there!

Side note...if anyone knows anyone who lives in the downtown/capitol hill area and needs a subletter...email me. But don't email me if you're an axe murderer.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Scala said...

Too cool. I've never been to Denver. Sometimes I wish I got a traveling nurse experience. I do love to travel and seeing the country while you work sounds like a great opportunity. Yet I understand the 'boy'. I met mine and never got to move to Cali like I dreamed. Enjoy the day, Elizabeth