Tuesday, December 15, 2020

December 15

Our hospital is on the list for COVID vaccines. Soon, like within the next week soon. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's still far off, and although things are still getting worse and will continue to do so for the next few months, I have hope. I laid in bed this morning and tried to identify that hopeful feeling - I think it's just relief, honestly. Pure, exhausted, relief. Like the kind that you see when marathon runners lay down just past the finish line.

I know this isn't the end of COVID. Not even close. But it's a start, and I've felt lighter today than I have in a long time.

This won't be forever, and I can look forward to that.


***

Our office renovation Phase 1 is finally complete! We installed our new fancy desk, hung curtains, and arranged the plants. It's a usable office, and a very happy place for me - it's the sunniest room in the house, and will be full of plants eventually. Phase 2 will be one entire wall of bookshelves, with a little nook for reading (that's the spot of orange you see behind the armchair - everything purple will be hidden behind the shelves). I'm so excited! 







No comments: