Wednesday, December 16, 2020

December 16

Well, that was fast. I got the email from work last night that we've got vaccines and just need to sign up. I responded to the email that I was interested, filled out the survey and signed all the consents, and am just waiting for the response email with a link to schedule a time to get it. 

I'm nervous and excited. Obviously there's the possibility of side effects, as with literally any medication or vaccine out there. But having followed the CDC and other countries' data and recommendations, and trying to keep myself as educated as possible on this process, I can firmly say that I am getting this vaccine as soon as I can. 

Because there might be side effects. Maybe. But you know what else has side effects? COVID. Up to and including death. I've watched more than enough young healthy people stroke out or 60 year old people desaturate and be brain dead on a vent or grannies gasp for air on a non-rebreather a week after their family get together, and I'm at the point where I will do literally anything to make this pandemic stop. 


***

In plant news, a friend of mine gifted me this newly rooted sansevieria. Isn't it pretty? I have just the spot for it, too. When I find the right plant stand, it will live next to our drawer side table in the office. The drawers sit next to the desk, and all of our electronics are on top of it - printer, router, etc. The plant and stand will be perfect to hide cords and cables!





2 comments:

Oldfoolrn said...

That's one lovely plant. It looks similar to a house plant called mother-in-laws tongue. We had to get rid of our indoor jungle many moons ago with the birth of our son.

The vaccine news is light at the end of the tunnel. I would love to take it when it's available for us oldsters.

I'm glad you are hanging in there and I hope you and your husband have a very Merry Christmas.

L said...

OFRN: I looked this plant up and apparently they're the same thing! There's a million names for plants and clearly I have yet to learn them all.

We're hanging in there - thank you for the Christmas wishes, and I wish you and yours health and happiness as well!