Wednesday, January 20, 2021

January 20

I am so very heartened by the speech from Biden today. He's right - this has been a really tough time, and that may be the understatement of the year. But I am hopeful that things will get better. And to all the little girls out there - let this be a lesson that you CAN make it to the top. Our country has now had a woman in the second highest office. That is something to be proud of.

As for the state of things, let's hope that the vaccine effort will be one of the first things to get better. We need to get COVID under control. Like, yesterday. The ICU is officially completely full at our hospital - as in every physical bed is full, and there are no more rooms left to staff. So what did we do? Converted part of our ER to a satellite ICU. We now have a ten bed unit in the ER, staffed by ER nurses and assisted by a nurse floated from critical care. Shit's wild. I'm off the next few days, but am dreading next week when I'm back.

***

My little snake plant is growing! It's now giving everyone the middle finger. The first picture is when I first got it, and the second is from yesterday.






2 comments:

Lisa said...

Well now, that's some plant. I am sorry to hear about the Covid situation where you are. I wish that it wasn't everywhere else. It is hopeful that a vaccine is on the way. I'll get mine as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering how you are. These are tough times. Good to hear you are having a short break, I can only imagine how stressful dealing with the situation there must be for the hospital staff.

How interesting you call that a snake plant, over here in Australia it's known as Mother-in-Law's tongue!

Hang in there! Cheers from Sue