Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Privacy

I had a sweet elderly lady in for the usual workup. I was getting her onto the bedpan and while her daughter stayed in the room the son stepped out to let us work. She was on the pan, and making small talk - and was the funniest patient I've had in a while. She had me laughing so hard; I don't know if you've ever been in the same situation, but hysterically laughing while someone is trying to take a pee can be kind of awkward.

The son knocks on the door and starts to open it, and I call out "just a minute more!" The door keeps opening slowly, and the patient blurts out "He can't come in! This is the way he came out!! Not okay!!"

I thought I was laughing fool before, but I was a hot mess after that gem.

2 comments:

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Too funny!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Did you pee your pants ?~! For sure I woulda; Sense of humor like that charms me.