Thursday, March 20, 2014

Names

Well guys. I think I've finally made the transition to crusty cynical bastard. There has been nonofficial confirmation by the staff I worked with, although a peer reviewed double blind study would be the best way to know for sure.

Let's just say my name is, oh, Sara. It's not, because hey anonymity! But there is also another Sara who works in the ER, and she's kind of how I used to be. Nice, sweet, and still amazed at how awful people can be. Our other coworkers needed a way to differentiate between the two of us, and after drinks out one day it was decided that she was "Nice Sara" and I am "Whiskey Sara."

Now that I'm no longer there, I guess she's just Sara again. I, however, will probably forever be known as Whiskey Sara. And I'd be offended, but it's true.

7 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

Katie or Sara?! (Delete this comment if you want, after you edit the post [unless you did that on purpose].)

L said...

Whoopsie. Autosave failed me here, as did 4 years of college proof reading. Good thing my name isn't really either Sara or Katie!

Nick said...

Whiskey Sara, Crusty Larry. You've been known under many names.

Nick said...

... we both know that wasn't really Nick.

Aesop said...

This is the internet.
You're all guys.
The children are FBI agents.

Didn't the Geek Squad guys at BestBuy explain the rules?

I find I'm less of a crusty cynical bastard when I launder my scrubs more frequently.
I haven't found anything yet that gets the cynical bastard out.
Someone mentioned alcohol once, but the studies on that are anecdotal. Or apocryphal. or both, I forget.

It's okay to be your own evil twin, as long as, just like Megamind, you only use your evil powers for goodness instead of, well, evil.

Unless no one is looking, and they really really deserve it.
Then, flail away.

Which reminds me, if I ever get the time and money simultaneously, Darth Vader's other brother (besides Chad)the ER nurse is soooooo happening as a YouTube series, if only for the weekly use of the pinchy choking fingertips of death move. Turn me loose with that superpower in the ER, and I could reform healthcare as we know it in 6 months. For free.

So, hey, welcome to the Dark Side.
We have cookies.

Anonymous said...

Wear that name proudly!

girlvet said...

I'm sure I'd like whiskey sara.